Sign of the Wolves

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Spring is some time away yet. Here are the tracks left by a pack of wolves passing through. These pics were taken April 6th.
IMG_4143_zps157e9b91.jpg

Here is a track with a full size Bic for scale
IMG_4126_zps0a02eaa1.jpg

A lot of activity along the shoreline of a lake
IMG_4146_zps76dade47.jpg

This is why: a caribou hide left behind by an aboriginal hunter. This is all that remains
IMG_4145_zps1a757776.jpg

A bed on another shoreline, with four others on the ice
IMG_4137_zps22c5a6aa.jpg

This is one, with a tuft of hair left behind
IMG_4127_zpsb2d39484.jpg

And another
IMG_4134_zps10e9248f.jpg

After eating the hide, I found huge amounts of droppings heavily laden with caribou hair, scattered over a wide area along their trail a few miles south of the hide. Here is one place where it looks like a raven investigated to see if a possible meal was waiting. Centre right shows wing marks while among the droppings are the footprints of one that scattered the droppings
IMG_4133_zpsebb5ef2d.jpg

Unfortunately, I never saw these particular wolves but it's still a pleasure finding their sign. They are very wary, as there are very few humans here and they are truly wild.

Apr 6, 2013
Norway
I've seen magpies eating dog-poop before, quite a nasty habit. Wish there was wolves at this end of the country (western Norway), only in the east a small inbred pack are allowed life, with some loners crossing the borders just to be shot by mad farmers.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.