Shroom foraging in Ayrshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hey everyone,

Been chatting to stevemreid about going on a shroom hunting forage type of thing, just a easy going bimble through somewhere in Ayrshire. We haven't got a set time or place as of yet, just wanting to see who'd be up for it. No experience required as we've both got none too.. :D But if you have that be great too.

So if you are up for it, and or know of decent locations, then let us know here.

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
i could be tempted if it's an open invitation, no experience on shrooms altho there was this one time.......??

i'll keep checking for times/dates etc.

ta!!

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
i could be tempted if it's an open invitation, no experience on shrooms altho there was this one time.......??

i'll keep checking for times/dates etc.

ta!!

Depending on location time etc I'd be tempted. I can recognise three types of fungi:

I know nothing about shrooms either but can bring a book :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If any of you are interested in coming up to a recce at Wiston this weekend (haven't booked yet, waiting to see how the replies come) I can vouch for there being fungi there. See the thread in Scotland South in Out and About. It's about a hour's drive from Ayrshire I reckon.
If we could persuade Scott to come along.........:D See Grooveski's latest thread :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I went for a wander after one of my lectures at Auchincruive this afternoon and there was loads of fungi along the river Ayr and pretty much most of the estate. Were meant to be doing an ecology survey on dead wood along the river next week as part of the course so it'll be interesting to see what turns up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE