Show your favourite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I thought it would be nice to see more of what other people have made.
What is the one thing that you've made to date that is your favourite? (hard to choose only one, I know:))
It can be anything, an item you've sewn, a wood carving, a knife, pack, blanket or whatever.
Since there are some incredibly talented people here, I'm anxious to see what gets shown. To start, my humble offering is a ladle made from birch.
IMG_5069_zps3df5ccd7.jpg

IMG_5064_zps60e6f65f.jpg

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
The only thing I made that was very hard to part with even though it was for a client, fits your criteria but not really bushcrafty.....
Rocking Olive.

rocking%2520olive.jpg

Rob.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
you both just set the bar a bit high!

bb07, I need to make a ladle for the missus and that is superb!

Rob, your just taking the mick now, I will never get a rocking chair carved out of a bit of wood!

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Only one! Damn... ok ill go for my favourite spoon, because I got the wood from a old almond tree in Spain, and it's such a pain to carve. It splinters and blunts your knife, but after all that and some sandpaper and oil, it turned out so much better than I expected.

P.s. I'm happy with third place so far, the bar is truly set high.

7fd4741f1abf261dee1b59dde44f3a61.jpg
fe7c05b77deaf98e5abe612a0ce3da91.jpg

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Some very nice favourites there! If I really have to choose it would be the smaller kuksa in this picture.
a34de12e77adbe2f5a7bbd6406effe70.jpg

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Fraxinus, that is a fantastic chair. I could spend a lot of time in that!

TallTom, that spoon is a beauty, great job.

Two Socks, I love the second one with the design on the handle. Simple but elegant.

Toddy, I've never seen anything like those before. Very, very nice, and a great idea.

I have a long way to go before I post anything here :)

Not at all. Please show us, it doesn't matter what. It only has to be your
favourite. It's not a contest, nor are there any judges.:)

Tom Gold, there's certainly nothing wrong with that. It's great!

Last edited:

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
20150107_spoons.jpg

I've carved a lot of spoons and particularly enjoy doing the ones with open spirals.

Apologies for the quality of the photo - it doesn't show of the beauty of the wood at all.

The top one is a wip in Hawthorn. The bottom cherry one is very special to me though. I started carving it in September 2012 as a Christmas present for my mother. Unfortunately she passed away suddenly a few days later. I was going to put it in its unfinished state in her coffin but this wasn't possible, so I spent time completing it to the best of my ability.

Colin

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
For me, it's a knife... my Eagle model.... i've made a few now.... but this one is my favourite...one i plan to make for myself.... but i may choose a different colour for the G10....

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
this for me....its the most expensive piece of leatherwork i've ever made and sold but to this day i wish i'd kept it...however i know it went to a good home in the u.s.a. so....:)

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Changed my mind :) sorry for the confusion :eek:
Decided to go with more bushcrafty things.

Understood, but what you showed originally was very nice, and unique.
That basket is superb.:)

39) Home grown, home refined sugar by British Red, on Flickr

A bit left field, but it is the spoon of which I am most proud.:)

I had to look twice upon seeing your spoon before realizing what you've accomplished with it. An interesting process, one which I'm sure you are alone here in accomplishing.
How did you ever learn to do all the things you do?
I'm quite certain that you will be the last person to go hungry if the grocery store shelves ever become empty:).
And I must assume the shotgun is to protect your food supply?;)

20150107_spoons.jpg

I've carved a lot of spoons and particularly enjoy doing the ones with open spirals.

Apologies for the quality of the photo - it doesn't show of the beauty of the wood at all.

The top one is a wip in Hawthorn. The bottom cherry one is very special to me though. I started carving it in September 2012 as a Christmas present for my mother. Unfortunately she passed away suddenly a few days later. I was going to put it in its unfinished state in her coffin but this wasn't possible, so I spent time completing it to the best of my ability.

Colin

Those spoons must have taken a bit of work, in particular cutting the spirals.
Very sorry to hear about your mother.:( I can see why the cherry one is so special to you.

Great stuff everyone, please keep them coming. Many thanks to all for your participation. Beautiful work....

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk

your not going to believe this but I was only thinking a few days ago, I need to do something unique and I love a challenge and I was going to make a spiral handle on a spoon!

I think these have to be my favorite, they look great and have a very touching story behind them. You should be proud of them and I am sure your mum would be too.

I must go visit my mum soon, I don't see her enough and you have made me feel very guilty. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE