Show us your natural shelters.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Show us your natural shelters (Show us your tents counterparts.:D )

Here's my favourite, This Lean-to was built when I was on a Basic W/end course with Cambrian Survival (July '04)
survivalsleeping3.jpg

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Ok its not a natural shelter but I have slept up there a few times. Seriously though,I am thinking of building a natural shelter in the wood and will look to this thread for inspiration. I've ordered a martindale golok and when it arrives I'll spend a day in the wood with the kuk and the golok (and my gerber saw) and see what I can achieve.

P1010146.jpg

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Great shelter there Greg! nice job :):You_Rock_ And same here soon i need to make a natural shelter so might spend a day in the woods, That doesnt look too stable KAE1 Ive seen a few of them about Willingham Woods but dare not go up it incase it collapses :p

Upload my piccies soon

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
This isn't much to look at, but its a double basha lean-to which I used last summer with my buddy Alex on a weekend excursion. Highlights of this trip included: Looking at girls across the water from us, trying to conserve meths for my trangia (we barely squeeked by), and making a mini raft which we set on fire and floated down the river. Oh, and Alex dropped my Zippo into the bottom of it one night and ended up having to dive down to pick it up. The best part? It lit up first try.

Adam

DSCN1397.jpg

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Yeah yeah, I know my basha shelter isn't "natural" per say, but it IS attached to wooden poles in the ground. :)

I was staying in a provincial park called Englishman River Falls (how fitting that name is, seeing as this forum is from the UK). But, we had to ford the river to get to the secluded area that we built the shelter on.

It was a good time though.

Adam

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
OK folks, this was my first natural shelter and dates back about twenty years. A mate and I built this one afternoon and we stayed in it as a base camp for several days while we fooled around in the woods.

bivy-1.jpg

Looking back we could see lots we shouldn't have done, but there you go. You've got to learn somehow.

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE