Show us your Knife and Saw combos.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
I like to go out into the woods with a knife and a saw; here are two of my pairs:
IMGP7747_1.jpg

IMGP7729.jpg

Lets see yours.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
The smaller of the two Opinel saws (the one you have there) is just brilliant. Cuts really well and pocket sized so no excuse for leaving it at home.
The other saw I use regularly is my Bahco Laplander. Again, goes through wood like a knife through butter. I know lots of folk prefer their Silky Boys and from all I hear they are great but I've had a Laplander for years and it does what I need plus I like the large handle so I'll stick with that. I could be tempted by one of the larger Silkys, though, if ever I'm in he market for a larger folding saw.

Edit: forgot to mention the knives I pair with the saws! The two I use most often would be a Svord Peasant paired with the Opinel and a Mora 510 either in a leather belt sheath or a kydex neck sheath with the Laplander.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE