shotgun cartridge whistle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
just before christmas i picked up a feed bag full of cartridges from a shoot,and having made watertight stash pots i wondered what to do next and i came up with the idea of making a whistle out of one and here is how i did it:

any size cartridge will do:
DSC03918.jpg

next cut a v slot on the top thus:
DSC03919.jpg

next get a dowel,stick or turn a bit of wood to the correct size to fit into the shell end ,not tight and not loose then slice a small fiple off the wood,ie a flat surface about 1/8 of the thickness of the wood:
DSC03920.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

now push in till the end of the wood is flush with the flat side of the v cut:
DSC03922.jpg

now to secure the wood either glue or pin in place:
DSC03924.jpg

and here it is,a good shrill pitch and easy to make:
DSC03925.jpg

now will some one tell my kids to stop blowing them!

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
wouldn't you be a bit dubious of putting your mouth on something that previously contained gunpowder etc?......was going to make an inneundo joke but i figured i don't want the wrath of Toddy again :p

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
looks good, never thought of doing that. If you knock out the percussion cap and melt out the plastic from 2 cartridges you can hammer them together and make a whistle - I've used them for calling wigeon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE