shoes for wider feet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
my current clarks active air mid high shoes are wearing out and they don't make them anymore. I'm after a pair of mids for knocking about in the outdoors in that are good for a person with wide feet. I'm normaly a size 8 but sometimes a 7.5G/H

I don't want to spend a vast amount but think I may have to pay a fair amount to get good fitting footwear :rolleyes:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
miniac said:
I think army issue boots come in narrow, normal and wide fitting
I'm after something more like a shoe then a boot. I have a pair of proper walking boots so these would be for everyday. just walking around in and for use on the bike.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
are you a young lady?
IIRC ladies shoes get all funny and don't use the later letters and it doesn't quite map. I suspect a company that does wide ladies feet will still do wide shoes for me though

much as I didn't like all the physio and ops, splits etc when I was a kid I did at least get well made boots that fitted on the NHS

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
EdS said:
Andy,

Check out Altberg boots

Yeah, looks like Altberg are a good place as they have about 6 width fittings available, and they offer a factory fitting service. They're my next stop for boots.

I find Brashers are pretty accomodating (I'm usually a G or H width too).

Good luck with the search,
Neil

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
so far I've found a pair of brasher diablo (sp?) in a mid that are good and a pair of merrell reactor mids

neither is a cheap option though the merrell are slightly cheaper (about £10 I think). My brasher fellmaster boots feel great but the soles don't look like they'll last, all the bashers I've looked at now have Vibram soles though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE