Sheath ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I'm trying to find and buy a SPEC-OPS ''Short'' Knife sheath to fit another Knife I have. Has anyone got 1 that they want to sell or swap.
Or can someone give me a Website address where they have got them.
cheer's

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
I'm trying to find and buy a SPEC-OPS ''Short'' Knife sheath to fit another Knife I have. Has anyone got 1 that they want to sell or swap.
Or can someone give me a Website address where they have got them.
cheer's
Bit pricey but is this what you're after ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I brought accouple of sheaths from Heinnie and they arrived today, The brown bog standard bowie style sheath has a ''Warning'' Label saying contains chemicals known to cause Cancer and all sorts it was made in China.
Is this Message Normal ? on Leather Sheaths.

Last edited:

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
I brought accouple of sheaths from Heinnie and they arrived today, The brown bog standard bowie style sheath has a ''Warning'' Label saying contains chemicals known to cause Cancer and all sorts it was made in China.
Is this Message Normal ? on Leather Sheaths.
Guessing its probably covering themselves, just in case you start chewing it if you run out of jerky.
It's rumoured we will all be required to get a license to pass wind in the not too distant future !

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Personally i would ignore it - such warnings are littered all over most things we use on a daily basis - in some markets its mandatory to have warnings. Just don't solely feed a pregnant lady on a diet consisting solely of 10 sheaths per day. If you did, then maybe in 4 generations time, one of her descendants might die in their late 90's of a cancer - and there would be no conclusive scientific evidence available to demonstrate that such cancer was not in some way contributed to by their great great great grandmother having been fed some leather sheaths a few hundred years previously.

Reactions: Brizzlebush

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I would not even worry about having it against your skin. It is probably chrome tanned, although it could also be a warning about lead. All clothing leather is chrome tanned. Might have to do with general warnings for products sold in the US, where California requires warnings like that for a lot of substances that may be present in small amounts. Probably best not to eat it.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE