She ain't perfect, but she's mine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
So I've got this little trip coming up and I wanted a new knife to take with me. I was planning on designing my own blade and getting lannyman8 to craft me a super blank, but as ever I left everything to the minute (sorry mate). So i spent so much time researching I've probably seen every type of knife out there. I came across timberwolf knife blank that seemed to get good reviews and decided that this was the blade for me and order one.

I'd already bought some potential scale bits of interesting wood some time ago and the loveless joints and fibre strips with making a knife in mind. So my blade turned up last week and I set about making my knife. Not being that skilled and on a bit of a tight deadline there's a few little flaws in it, the odd divot and a crack, but she's all mine and I'm chuffed with her.

Also had a crack at making the sheath. Didn't quiet turn out as I wanted, but as I'm short on both time and leather, I'm sure it will do for now. If it looks a little odd, it's because I'm a cross draw fan who's left handed. It's made with a belt strap, the original idea was to make it so it could be worn cross draw, hanger or baldrick style.

So here she is, lots learnt and a bit of fun to make.

4b2c75c72f0de93118e31694ba34dd3f.jpg

83d340e974b96fb6178e4a0716bb77db.jpg

Thanks for looking

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Thanks guys, can't take all the credit, SimonH helped pointed me in the right direction and gave me the lanyard and toggle.

As I say, she is flawed and I've not had a chance to really do anything with her yet, but I'm chuffed with it. Also enjoyed making it. I think, once I'm back, it's time to make my own whittler.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like a user to me Jack, nice one, look forward to having a play with that thar sausage cutter at a meet

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
any time you want to do a bit of spoon carving you know you only have to shout:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE