Shave soaps are now ready.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi guys the shave soaps are now ready.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111127

they are available in shave mug size tarts of between 65 and 75 grams. I will post photos a bit later today as im busy posting and sorting stuff.
we are still awaiting finalisation on the wooden bowl deal but. the soap itself is sorted and ready.
they will come in two major fragrances. sandlewood absolute. and bergamot absolute.
other fragrances in shave soap ie tea tree clary sage. ginger. orange. can be made to order but will require a minimum order of two units.
now the price!!! the cost per unit has been kept as low as is possible and the final price for a 65gram minimum weight tart which will fit most standard shave mugs is £2.20p which includes paypal fees. the cost of postage is £1.10p giving a grand total of £3.30p per unit. further to that if you were to order 2 units the postage remains at £1.10p. so the second unit is postage free as long as they are ordered together. if you require 3 items then the third is classed as a single item and therefore requires a further £1.10p postage.
cheers guys GB

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
I'll take two tarts please :)

Can I have a sandlewood and bergamot, just sent payment.

Cheers, Russ

Last edited:

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Sorry mate is there a link to the product I would like 1 tea tree for now please .
And I may order a fair few more ready for Movember shenanigans .

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
Would these be used with shave brushes, as somone who normally uses shaving gel out of a can - I just have no experience of using a shave soap.

How long would you expect a bar to last as a can of shaving gel would normally last me 6 months or more.

and one last query is there a marked difference between using the shave soap over foam or gel

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
using a shave brush would be better as you will have a better shave using a brush as it makes the hair stand up after brushing giving a better shave, I cannot say how long these tarts last but i have had 5 shaves now and its still looks like it did when arrived although i have not weighed it. did you get a higher concentrate of smelly in there?, I stopped using gels and cream as i tend to get a shaving rash with them as opposed to soaps .
I will buy again from you as i like it on the trail, atb wayne

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Anyone who would like to order please PM me and I'll sort it for you - we aim to post within 2 working days of payment received - Mrs is making soaps to order when orders are received.
thank you guys
GB

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Received my new Sandalwood tester on Friday and had a couple of shaves with it now, it lathers really well and the fragrance is much longer lasting, well worth the money for a full size one!
Thank you very much.:)

outdoorowain

Jan 20, 2009
Lancashire
Mine have arrived today. :)
They got here all fine,
They smell great.
The only problem I have got is choosing which one to use first.

Thank,
Owain

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
well mine arrived today very nice the smell is wonderfull on the sandle wood, shave night tommorrow, can't wait, atb wayne

Feb 28, 2011
lincolnshire
Some aroma's are very emotive - woodsmoke on a still autum evening, fresh brewed coffee and frying bacon for breakfast, their are many such aroma's one which always reminds me of well being is sandlewood. As soon as I opened the jiffy bag the aroma of sandlwood drifted out of the packet and I wanted to use the soap on my next shave. I live in a hard water area and wet shave every time using block shaving soap, badger brush and safety razor. The block fitted my wooden shaving bowl the soap lathered well and felt good on my skin the resulting shave was first class after only one lathering and my skin tingled and felt fresh. I always use good quality soaps and these compare with the best I have used. I would recomend the sandlewood soap and the service is excellent, well done and thanks. I wish you well with this product regards corby

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi Everyone
Wow! Mrs is thrilled, thank you all..... she's currently sorting out some shave bowls to fit the soaps - another member has made some prototypes for her and they are simply amazing - watch this space! We're thinking bowl and 2 soaps as a set - she reckons you lot will want to treat each other for Xmas.
Thank you all so so much for your comments and feedback - she's proper buzzing with it all and very happy to be taking orders and making soaps for you all.
We're currently working on finding a way to upload the full catalogue so anyone who is interested can see what else she has to offer. She's working on a new take on chocolate orange for Christmas - wait till you see this guys!
Once again, thank you all very much for your feedback, comments and your good wishes. It means such a lot to me and to Karen who is thrilled.
Cheers GB

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
hi guys i had the pleasure to use the updated version last night and wow very nice indeed as soon as i opened the package the aroma was exellent just how i imagined it to be. It lathers really well and after a two week break from shaving my straight razor made short work of my beard in one pass, the shave soap made this easy and i wont be going elsewhere from now on it is an exellent product and i really like it the sandle wood aroma stayed with me for a few hours afterwards , proper pics to follow for you to use if needed, can i ask what other things you do please thanks for everything, wayne

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi Wayne
thanks so much so happy!
I will post you a disc with my catalogue on we're still trying to work out how to upload it to photobucket!
Thank you again I'm so thrilled
Karen :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE