sewing thread for tarp and hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
hi all,
This is a question for all the makers of tarp, hammock and underquilt. thank you.
As a couple of loops is coming undone on my tarp I would like to know what sort of threads I should look for, for make simple repairs on my tarp. do anyone in the know how Please,point me in the right directions either a shop. online, or if they have a link. I only need about a quater of length of sewing threads, but happy to buy a bobbin or two. just don't know which one to buy. waterproof, non waterproof, heavy duty, sew it all in etc,etc, Any help would be appreciated, many thanks. the interceptor boy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use Gutermann thread on anything that needs strength, it doesn't go fluffy or twist as much as cheaper threads either so make life a bit easier.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a shop in Glasgow that sells the big cops of stuff the army uses to sew webbing, etc., I have some. If you send me an address Hans, I'll wind some onto a couple of card bobbins for you. That way you'll have it for repair and in your pack if needed.

cheers,
M

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
There's a shop in Glasgow that sells the big cops of stuff the army uses to sew webbing, etc., I have some. If you send me an address Hans, I'll wind some onto a couple of card bobbins for you. That way you'll have it for repair and in your pack if needed.

cheers,
M
Thanks very much Toddy, much appreciated, pm inbound.
cheers the interceptor boy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE