Setting up a swedish army trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Ok I admit defeat, how exactly am I supposed to set up a army trangia. I know its a daft question but I am having a bit of a blond day. The bit that realy has my screwed is the 2 folding bits in the bottom of the wind sheild

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
tagnut69 said:
Ok I admit defeat, how exactly am I supposed to set up a army trangia. I know its a daft question but I am having a bit of a blond day. The bit that realy has my screwed is the 2 folding bits in the bottom of the wind sheild
You mean the pot stand. Fold 'em up, rest yer pot on em.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello :)
It's only daft if you don't ask :) The bits in the bottom of the wind shield are for supporting the pot over the burner. You light the burner and then place the windshield over it with the wire bits inside folded out so that they are past upright, if that makes sense. You can then put the pot on the wire supports and away you go.
hope that helps

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
A word of warning tagnut in the whipperleys tutorial it says to use the burner lid to put out the burner after use. Remove the sealing O ring first otherwise it will melt. Just a reminder as the SA Trangia sealing rings are bigger than the civvi version and not easy to find.
Dave.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Not really Nick so long as its going out quick enough remember brass is a good heat conducter though i'd keep an eye on the ring. Long term heating and cooling might be shortening its life span.
Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE