Services From Members

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Having just read a post from naughty boy, about asking someone to make him a hammock, I thought it might be an idea to have a section where members could post a list of services that they can offer to unskilled or lazy members like myself. It could done using a private barter or cash system through PM. So no tie in to BCUK.

Satisfied customers could post feedback etc.

Any thoughts on this.

JFW

Mar 2, 2004
grand idea m8,but i still havent got a reply to the hammock thing :cry:
think i,ll just buy one .

keen to see how this goes ,promising idea :clap:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I would say that for now the best thing to do would be to use the wanted section. I know that this does not give an explanation of the skills people have and are willing to share but it would be a good start to see how popular such a forum would be. There is nothing wrong with starting a thread somewhere (probably other chatter) that has a description of peoples skills, although a good start on this would be for people to fill out their profiles.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Didn't think about personal profiles - good suggestion.

I know what you mean about additional forums and using existing forums as testing grounds but hopefully this will get people talking/posting.

I think the wanted section could handle this adequately maybe now people will use it to request services - seeing as naughty boy has posted for a hammock.
I think members should be encouraged to make their own/others gear and make us all that little bit more self reliant, if you see what I mean.

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE