Sending ebay item to Northern Ireland?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I am not very good with absorbing rules and regs,

I have someone who wants to buy a jacket and is in Nothern ireland.
I intend to send it hermes, the jackets value is £80.
how does this work now? when the buyer receives, does he get hit with a bill or do I?

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
As you have to state the value on the form and to the courier, the chances are he will be charged VAT on the value of the goods and the postage, also a charge by the courier for collecting it.(as for customs purposes NI is in the EU)
This is intended to stop items that go to Northern Ireland going into the ROI at a cheaper rate.
I have just returned some items to ROI at a value of £150 and the recipient has been charged 70€ duty vat etc, the items were sent for repair as they were defective.
Let us know how you got on, if you do send the item.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Im using parcel2go hermes and they asked for the value and a description of the jacket material and use

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Buyer was happy to have it shipped, so far hasn't had problems with and order from manchester
Sent jacket via hermes, and got this at print docs stage.

Attached 3 invoices that were made by hermes or parcel2Go in envelope.

1avDZodl.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm interested in this as well. There seem to be so many mixed reports that it seems a bit hit and miss at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE