Selling stuff on Etsy - does anyone have any recent experiences?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All,

[Mods- If this is in the wrong sub forum, please move as required]

My missus has started selling some of her leaded glass etc in local fairs and galleries, and might be interested to start selling some stuff on-line. She has mentioned Etsy as a possible method, and so we would be very interested in any current experiences that you have, positive and negative. Also of course if there are any major drawbacks or gotchas to be aware of / avoid. She wont be selling stuff as a business, but just to fund further work in what is her hobby, so that she can continually improve.

Any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Bob

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I think Etsy can work out quite expensive, have a look at
freeads.co.uk
totally free to sell stuff on, and quite a good site.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have made two etsy purchases and had to send one back and never received the second. A bit of a struggle to get my money back both times as it's up to the vendor to deal with refunds and there is no compensation or automatic money back like other platforms. It is easy for a buyer to say they never received the item even if they have and demand a refund as I was accused of. As the vendor had not produced proof of postage or tracked the item I eventually got a refund. It was a big faff and over £50 so I had to realy push to get the refund. It took two months in all.
So I would say send with tracked postage. How could she prove an item must wasn't received broken? Insurance would be nessasary for fragile items. This will put the postage costs up considerably.
Sadly some will try these tricks to get free items and your good lady might find herself out of pocket.
Read up on reviews of etsy.
I don't use them anymore myself . Too much bother, I could have been unlucky, so don't let me put you off a lot of people are very successful with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE