Self Sufficiency & COVID19

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Like many people, COVID19 has had a serious impact on our income, family & workload

In a change from our plan, tonight's video examines how we are trying to use our self sufficiency skills to grow more food, produce more sustainable plants, and support our neighbours

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good stuff Red, I like the fact that we can take any bit of that and just work on what fits for us. This year we were planning on not doing any veg because we're away a lot, especially in the summer, maybe all change now though so there's a few beds of basics going in and a few things in the greenhouse. There's 7 of us here so a bit of extra healthy food goes a long way.

Thanks mate

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Tony,

As you say I think all of us can decide what's right for us but if for no other reasons than fresh air, exercise & some home grown food its good to be gardening right now!

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
It's a complicated time but all of us can take steps towards whichever level of self sufficiency we find comfortable. When it comes to growing for the table lots of us have become disconnected from the process, relying instead on the supermarkets for cheap veg. This year I fear we may have reductions on the availability of produce so this is a very timely vid.
I've always grown and had allotments, the last few years since being on the boat I grown less as my access to growing space has reduced. That said we still grow the salads and herbs that we can and forage as we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: British Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE