Second version of Gas Bottle Wood Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've used a converted gas bottle as a camping wood stove for several years now but it's always been too low on the ground so needed a metal tray to avoid scorching the grass, it was good for warming food, even baking bread on a hot plate but you couldn't fry or griddle.
Now got another which is much more versatile.
Two trays swing over the stove either for BBQ or as a hot plate...
zusa6e6a.jpg
or both swing out of the way as an open fire.
It also fits my 4.25l Dutch oven which I tested last week while staying in Germany. I could fry the onions, leeks etc then add stock and meat and leave it for the afternoon while we explored the forest!
bu8uve6a.jpg

Mine is currently silver but will repainting in black soon.
a9yqy5ez.jpg

It was even good for Huhn hot pot, Deutsch Wurst & Brötchen, well, when in Germany....
Contact Neildeb68@btinternet.com if you are interested and tell him Neil sent you!
qy5egara.jpg

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Nice stove and ingenious stove top with the made to measure Dutch Oven opening :cool:great thread timing as well for me!

Do do you have to remove the as it comes paint from the bottle before painting black? I ask as I have started on a mini 7.5kg bottle stove and don't know if I have to remove the Blue;)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Nice stove and ingenious stove top with the made to measure Dutch Oven opening :cool:great thread timing as well for me!

Do do you have to remove the as it comes paint from the bottle before painting black? I ask as I have started on a mini 7.5kg bottle stove and don't know if I have to remove the Blue;)

I lit a fire in my first GB stove, it burnt off 95% of the paint quite quickly.

stove10 by S1...., on Flickr

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I have just filled a old bottle with water and now I see this . Back to the drawing board . I'm glad I had not started cutting mine the hole for the Dutch oven is genius . Thanks for posting

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE