Second starter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
Hi all. I am not technically new to the forum but I would like to introduce myself as a newbie.

For many reasons I have decided to develop some form of bushcraft and I am putting out the feelers.
I have always been interested in being outdoors and remember my brother's original copy of the SAS survival guide! I have spent the last 8 years or so dabbling by myself with bushcraft type stuff but with starting a family and second career it hasn't been on the cards really. I spent a total of 5 years in the Army, have a fair amount of mountain experience, grew up with a house by a river and am confident in boats to name a few things. I would say I am confident with the basics of living out and have really missed being outdoors for the last few years. I have dabbled with learning about plants and carving spoons etc when possible but I want to put some depth to any Bushcraft knowledge and would like to use it more realistically.

Anyway, any advice on where to get started would be much appreciated. I live in the Aldershot area of Hampshire if anyone operates nearby. I also live near the Basingstoke canal so I will post on the Song of the paddle forum also. In particular I think wild food and foraging, mountaineering and canoe expeditions will be specific areas I can get interested in.

Cheers all.

Jun 22, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
Alchemist, I am still serving amd live just down the road from you (North Camp). I spend a bit of time out at the weekends wild camping etc so if you're interested I'll send a PM next time I go out; I believe the next planned trip is the Forest Of Dean (possibly in Nov/Dec). Generally there are a couple of us, a tarp, a fire, a pheasant or two and a few beers.Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE