Second knife Curly Birch

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Just thought you would like to see my second knife that I have just completed, its a Carlsson blade, hand forged from round spring steel from a horse harrow, Buffalo horn, Brass spacer and Curly Birch handle. The sheath is made from Curly Birch and leather, with a horn button.

This like I say is my second ever knife and I found this one tough to get right, but it was fun to do, I have wanted to have a go at a wooden sheath for a while now but never had the guts, and as I had only a small bit of leather left, I thought I should give it a go, I like how it turned out in the end.

I hope you like it, I look forward to your comments.

secondknife41.jpg

secondknife3.jpg

secondknife2.jpg

100_4921.jpg

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
That looks extremely comfortable to use, love the hammered finish of the blade and the grind, looks like a very competent wood carver. I envy you.

Kind regards,
Paul.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks guys for the very kind comments, the handle is comfy to use and the blade is excellent, really well made and sharp, I am very pleased with it.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Absolutely beautiful mate. Hopefully I'll make something as nice as that one day!!...

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Simon
That is a real beauty nice to see you wnet for the wood and leather sheath.

That is my kind of knife.:You_Rock_

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks guys for the comments, I've got to admit I really like this knife, it cuts well, feels good in the hand and it makes that very satisfying click when the knife is placed in the sheath.

Sleepy weasel

The leather trimmed down from 3mm to about 1mm where it attaches to the sheath,it is then wet moulded around the knife when it is placed in the sheath clamped in place, left to dry, saddle stiched and then glued onto the sheath with epoxy. it holds it in place very well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE