Second Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Second Hammock Group Buy

Okay I give in. The reserve list for these has now grown to the level where another buy has become almost inevitable. The information is the same as the first post in this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7510

With the exception of price. The last time the price worked out at £16 including postage and PayPal fees. Now the postage worked out at a little more than I had allowed for but a lot of people paid by cheque so it balanced out in the end. Because I am not making any money on there the price may fluctuate because of exchange rates, delivery charges etc. The best thing is to work on the principal that the Hammocks will cost between £17 - £19 each. If you expect these figures it should only be good news when the hammocks arrive, hopefully.

Now before anyone confirms anything one of out members WorldExplorer sells hammocks on ebay. See an example here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DD-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-Enclosable-Weighs-just-730g_W0QQitemZ5235586564

A few members have ordered these and seem very happy with them. Nick has offered to sell these to BCUK members for £15 including postage. This is quite a bit cheaper than the group buy ones. I have not personally tried one of Nick’s hammocks so can’t make any comments but I want this offer out in the open before I spend £500 ordering hammocks from Bali. Don’t get me wrong I am happy to do the group buy but I do not want people feeling oblidged to buy one of the group buy hammocks when they would prefer one of Nick’s.

So now that is out of the way here are the provisional names I have so far

2 Big Lizard
2 JamesOConnor
1 jem seeley
1 hobo
1 strollon
1 2blackcat
1 sheperd
1 JFW
1 Dave
2 Culicoidis
2 Scruff
1 slimey
1 Phil562
1 Bothyman
1 m6nut
3 Angus Og
1 Daniel
1 Tantalus
2 Oakleaf
1 Match
1 Halo
1 Andyn
2 ilovemybed
2 Povarian
1 Hedgehog
1 Bikething
1 Sean13
2 M@rk

So that is 38 I need 3 to replace the ones that went by “accident” in the first group buy. There at least 4 names on BB so ther is only 5 at most left. So if you want one or if your want to change your order from the number above, post a note here.

PS Any Mods reading this PLEASE do not merge this with the first thread as I will never keep track, thanks

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Just to confirm that I'd like to keep my name on this list - Its the extra length and width that makes this hammock desirable to me (6'4") over the one nick's offering - although that too looks like a nice hammock!

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi John,

Do these hammocks come in a stuff bag of any description?

Also, what rope have people got/used for these? As i don't believe it comes with any?

I'd still like to stay on the list, but thanks for highlighting some other possibilites.

Andy

MagiKelly

andyn said:
Hi John,

Do these hammocks come in a stuff bag of any description?

Also, what rope have people got/used for these? As i don't believe it comes with any?

I'd still like to stay on the list, but thanks for highlighting some other possibilites.

Andy

If you have a look through the original thread you should see that there is a pocket attached to the hammock in the middle. The hammock all goes inside this pocket for storage. For hanging the hammock I recomend climbing tape. I use 19mm tape, it is kinder to the trees and plenty strong.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Hi Magikelly
I'm just new here.
I've followed the the other group buy with great interest.
Would it be possible for me to order one as part of this group buy ?

Thanks,

wildrover

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
MagiKelly said:
For hanging the hammock I recomend climbing tape. I use 19mm tape, it is kinder to the trees and plenty strong.

Hi John,

Can i ask roughly how much tape i would need? I found a supplier of the type of tape you mentioned at needlesports.com. Can anyone suggest anywhere else as a good supplier of tape off the role.

Thanks.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
andyn said:
Can i ask roughly how much tape i would need? I found a supplier of the type of tape you mentioned at needlesports.com. Can anyone suggest anywhere else as a good supplier of tape off the role.

Thanks.

Hi,

I bought webbing from Pennine Outdoor . Very good service!!

I bought 12m of the 25mm webbing. And that only came to £9.70 including postage. I've used it on my hammock a few times and no problems, works great!

If you do order from here though, or anywhere, add a note to the order to say you want 12 metres in one continuous roll (as I didn't and ended up receiving a 7 metre roll, and a 5 metre roll).

Hope this helps,
Dan

MagiKelly

Okay the current list is

2 Big Lizard

2 JamesOConnor
1 jem seeley
1 hobo
1 strollon
1 2blackcat
1 sheperd
1 JFW
1 Dave
2 Culicoidis
2 Scruff
1 Phil562
1 Bothyman
1 m6nut
3 Angus Og
1 Daniel
1 Tantalus
2 Oakleaf
1 Match
1 Halo
1 Andyn
2 ilovemybed
2 Povarian
1 Hedgehog
1 Bikething
1 Sean13
2 M@rk
1 wildrover
1 Toddy
1 JohnC

So that is now 40, plus my 3, 4 on BB so only 3 left.

As to the question about tape I find 5m at each end to be plenty but if you go for 6m (12m total) the extra may come in handy.

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
MagiKelly said:
Okay the current list is

1 slimey

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain but could you remove me from the list. I quite like the look of Nick's hammocks and I'll be getting one of his.

Thanks anyway, much appreciated.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE