Searching for 'New Posts' without having to log In.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Tony, will the 'New Posts' button only be available to members who have logged in from now on, or will the facility to search for 'New Posts' without logging in be reinstated when things settle down?

Don't know,i've not looked into it to see what can be changed, although i'm inclined to have people login before being able to use the search functions. To be honest i can't think why people could look up new posts when not logged in.

Inconvenience more than anything, many forums, bushcraft or otherwise allow unregistered users to view new posts and registered users who have a non-trivial password may want to view the forum using machines at work, when at a friends house, on holiday etc.

However I appreciate that this is a much bigger operation than most and that the search function must be a heavy load on the server.

But if you can see your way to putting it back, I for one would appreciate it.

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE