Search on Tags

• UPDATE - The main upgrade is now finished. The site should now be functioning as normal, I will be making tweaks over the weekend, particularly to look of the site. If you notice something is broken or have any comments please let me know. Many thanks Matt (Lithril)

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
en.golb.be
Hi,

Is there a way you can view topics by their tag? I'm a big fan of the [Trip Reports] and [Day out] posts, but I can't find out how to search on these topics only. The "Tag" field in the search gives a "unknown tag" error. Is it not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The [trip reports] and [day out] etc are prefixes and you can't really search using them, they're just a bold type flag for a thread. The actual tags are put in at the bottom of posts and they're much more down to the users to put in, I agree that using them would be good, brilliant in fact but it will take a concerted effort by all of the users to use them.

maybe it's something we just need to encourage, if we searched by tags as well as key word I'm sure that it would be much better for all