Search facility query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Afternoon folks.

Using the top right box,I just now tried to do a search for threads about hats.
I'm after another hat, you see and I thought I would use "hats", as the subject.
The results were not what I expected.
I got atalatl weights, foot and mouth disease and gawd knows what else; none of which seemed worth opening.

Whats changed, then? where am I going adrift?

Should go back there and try "atalatl weights" and see what results I get?.

:confused: Ceeg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I do not believe that you get returns for partial words with the search engine here. I haven't seen it myself.

Use advanced search, tell it to look in Subjects only, and you get the following:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=217702&DoReWrite4

and, the reason that meet-up thread is in there is that in post #8 someone uses the words "leather hats" in the post subject line.

If you use the search to look in the subject and contents, it will return all kinds of threads, for instance, this one:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25067&highlight=hats

where the word "hats" is used in post #7, as in "hats off good speaker"

Hopefully that has helped out a little, and if nothing else, you have some results that are pre-searched ;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Or start your own thread. It could be seen as a seasonal thing, it's getting colder so more people will start to wear one now. What are you after? A leather wide brimmed hat, a woolen watch cap, maybe a fleece lined waterproof hat or a canvas hat. There's quite a bit of choice!

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
You could try hat -"that" in the search box. Seems to work. You need the quotes as "that" is a word generally excluded as being too common.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Thanks all, I am on the right track now.

Ach, with my present wide brim leather hat, Ive sweltered through the early Spring, and had the ploddy thing collapse about my ears due absorbtion of the heavy rain, and its all'us been just a tad too heavy for legging it more than a couple of miles.

I was thinking along the lines of something lighter , better ventilated, better waterproofed and which will keep in stylish shape........do the polysuede's have such properties, is what I've been wondering.

Thanks again.

Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE