Seagulls and Ants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Don’t know if anyone else is seeing it but when I look up at the moment there are literally thousands of Gulls wheeling around in every direction for as far as I can see most of them are so high it’s difficult to identify separate species….when I look down at my feet there are thousands of winged ants all over I assume that is what the Gulls are feasting on, When you pick out an individual gull you can see it sweeping it’s head and almost stalling as if it is picking off flying ants. I’m sure it’s not that uncommon an event but it is the first time I have noticed it and it’s certainly one of them things I will remember and look out for in the future.

D.B

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Not happened yet this year round here but is quite common...a bit like how they always flock around a field being plowed or unsuspecting holidaymakers at the seaside with a bag of chips.;)
I reckon MI6 could learn some lessons in intelligence gathering from them too, I mean how do the know where to be and when?

Rob.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
They certainly have good eyesight and communication skills, just ask any Carp angler who steps out of a bivvy with a catty/throwing stick and a bag of boilies.

D.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE