Sea To Summit Thermolite Reactor Extreme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Does anyone have or has had one of these? I am still contemplating a fleece liner to use with my Nanok for additional warmth. It seems to be a top entry whereas my Nanoks are side enrties.
Please discuss:)

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. Ive got one of these. Mine definately makes a difference to the warmth of my bag. Whether its as good as stated in the blurb I dont know. Are there cheaper options, yes. Experiment with poncho liners, fleece liners. Would I recommend to a friend...Yes. Why, well for me it does increase warmth, it packs small and its light and fits my purpose. I hope this helps.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I've had mine for a year or two and have used it several times. It's a really good option when you just need a little temperature boost without needing to carry a bigger and heavier bag, or having to buy a lower rated bag if you only have one sleeping bag. Plus, it's really small and light. It's kind of expensive for what it is, but still cheaper than buying a new sleeping bag. I last used mine in December 2011 in conjunction with a 32 degree bag. I think the low that night was around 19 degrees and it kept me warm and comfortable all night. The temperatures are in Fahrenheit; as I have no idea what they would be in Celsius.

Last edited:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Yes it's a top entry bag with a drawcord.
Yes it does feel warmer in a sleeping bag with it.
Does it add 14 degrees to the temperarure of the bag,I don't know bvut if you sleep in it on its own you'll be cold ,even at 10 degrees.

Had mine for a few years and use it often,it makes me feel warmer and packs really small and light so it's always in my pack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE