Sea fishing gear Bargain!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Recently Ive replenishing the old tackle box with sea equipment as this year is gonna be my sea fishing year. I found this guy on Gumtree selling weights so I gave him a call. He makes his own up with the molds and has a few other bits and bobs up there. So about an hour ago I went up armed with a few bob. He had set up a little stall (if you like) of fishing gear in his living room for me to pick and choose what I fancied. As im going fishing sunday (after the Brecon meet) I fancied some of those lights for the ends of the rod as Ill be fishing in the night, but he already had those there. If you dont know much about costings of the weights, they are about £1.50 to buy (on average).... and I just had all this for a tenner!!! I couldnt believe it!!!

100_1672.jpg

Really Really Really Really nice guy with a passion for the sport. very handy to know, and if anyone on this forum sea fishes and lives local in south wales, I suggest you PM me for his number as you definatley will not find these cheaper, I guarantee you that.

The star shaped weights are apparently not made anymore, but are the best for beach-casting. He was offered alot of money for the mold.

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
You had a good little deal there bud.... I make that about £30 from our local tackle shop :p

I pay a local 'forager' of sea related tackle, 50p a used/recovered lead :)

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Nah, Beachley :)

Now there's a man that's not stuck for leads! You are in a nice part of the world for fishing... Mumbles for triggers/smoothies/bass, Swansea west for makkies and the odd bass, Oxwich for bass/smothies/gurnard ect.

You also have Hove, Port Eynon, Llangenith, so many choices...

All on your doorstep.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive fly fished and river fished most of my life but im starting to get sick of just pulling em out of lakes now. Ive done the odd dabble in pier and boat over the years, but this year im really going for a sea fishing year. Gonna try and get out twice a month. I love flat fishing down Lougher Estuary, could one not far off the welsh record at the time, absolutley gutted. Also on the same day I had something run out and snap a 20lb line. Will never ever know what it was but i nearly had a heart attack I was so excited.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
One thing I can promise you is.... You wont get bored of pulling them you the water with sea fishing. Catching something is the main Challenge!

Yup, lost a few good runs over the years. It allows me to keep repeating my 'one that got away' stories :) Might be going out over the weekend.

Tight lines, al.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
i remember when wor kid and his pal used to make his own weights from car battery lead which they melted down in my mams pots on the cooker ! lol she was well pleased when she caught them at it ! lol

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Im not a million percent sure he will post mate, but Im just sending him a mail now to see if he can. Another person has asked the same via a PM.

Ill PM you both his response.

Apr 1, 2012
aberdeen
keep an eye on your local lidls for fishing gear,some of the gear is kak,but some also usefull,they sell those tip lights at £1.00a box of 50,assorted colours.

the rods and reels are basic,but ok for a learner,wadders avoid like the plague awful leaky things.
some of the tackle boxes are ok aswell or the price.

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
A result on that lot for a tenner, they're not bloody cheap now :yikes:

Keep meaning to walk along the beach and pick up some snags but getting up early enough to beat the beach-combers puts me off. :)

Reckon he was pulling your leg on the star leads ;) ok for estuary fishing imo but for beach-casting & in my area, launching a lump of lead at France, I'll stick to the gemini's for distance and grip. The stars are still available, seen em quite cheap, no idea what a mould is worth though, what weight are they?

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE