Scout Canoe Attempt 1

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Just by way of a taster...Me afloat, in what was supposed to be a scout canoe and nothing more...The whole day will be listed as another thread...

P1010263copy.jpg

Reactions: torjusg

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
:confused: i saw the thread, and i though you had got a half a dozen scout and tied them together to make a canoe :confused: , but i was wrong,
it look like a good canoe project. i will try it out with my sea cadets.

stovie as a leader, you are showing a very bad example to your scouts, it look like you canoeing in your uniform :lmao: & without a lifejacket/bouyancy aid :( .

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
All the scouts wore the only floatation aid we had...it was too small for me, and I only took to the water when the scouts cajoled me :D

yes I was in uniform cos wee'd just had an investiture, and me floating was not planned...But my street cred is intact... ;)

DSCF4987copy.jpg

Just to prove my point...

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
sorry to bump up a old thread but what did you paint the canoe with and was it just the inside use painted or inside and outside?

webbie

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
Im not sure if stoivie painted the inside as well as the outside. I have made two canvas canoes myself and i have only ever painted the outside of the canvas.

Why do you ask? are you making a canoe too?

Links to my canoe tutorials:

http://www.jonsbushcraft.com/canoe2.htm
http://www.jonsbushcraft.com/building a canoe.htm

yup i want a filler for a few weeks between my holiday and blair atholl scout camp :) so i thought of doing a canvas canoe ( ur second walk through ) and the bamboo bow.

then it will be a few weeks worth of programmes when the scouts and explorers are back on after summer camp.

webbie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE