Scout Campsite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big T

Aug 12, 2011
Middlesbrough
Big tricky question - any idea how a Scout group could acquire a campsite? All the leaders in our group in Middlesbrough really think it would improve my group. Any ideas at all?

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
The group I used to be involved with have one, basically the use of a field, and have had it for the past 60 years+

At my new group we have use of a wood but that was done in the same way that we get permission for bushy stuff. Find somewhere nice, hunt out the owner and as him/her. Generally they will be quite accomodating, especially with it being for Scouts

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Try and see if you can rent froma Farmer or other land owner like a council etc.

For a wider scouting audience try Escouts.

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Silly question but have you checked with the scouting association? In the last 12 months we've used sites from the Gower through the midlands and into staffordshire. All owned by the association themselves. Would've thought they had sites all across the UK. Will ask our district commissioner next time i see him :)

Rich

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
Scout Association have a few - The Cleveland Scout Association County Camp Site is Ravengill Campsite]. Stockton District Campsite is "Pybus". 'Seeonee Lair' (Kettleness) Activity Centre is the responsibility of the East Cleveland Scout District. Moor House Adventure Centre is run by Durham Scout Associaion County. It is licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Scheme. A number of camping and indoor accommodation is available within Northumbersland. These include the Ford Scout Campsite and Powburn Adventure Centre].

Shameless link from wikipedia but in all honesty, why would you want your own when there are so many great sites in the local(ish) area to use. All the hassles of running a campsite - no thanks.

I'm a Scout Leader - nearest SA campsite Ennderdale which is regarded as one of the best facilities / areas in the UK and we wouldn't even consider trying to have a site of our own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE