scottish meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

Just wondering - what approximate area of the park would this be at? N, S, E, W? Presumably not the middle...

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just wondering - what approximate area of the park would this be at? N, S, E, W? Presumably not the middle...

No idea yet. Still need to talk to the powers that be. I'm thinking up in the hills would be Interesting or at the formal campsite. I'm bit at work until Monday as I've been off last week lots to catch up with but as soon as I get a chance ill let folk know

Orric

Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I would be interested in a meet at Muirshiel, I kayak at Castle Semple on a regular basis and have also done some running in the park, it's a great place.

Fred

Apr 29, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello everyone - not been on here for ages but it'd be great to meet fellow wildfolk & share some time around the campfire any time! I'm based in Glasgow, and am itching to get back out there, regardless of the weather...

cheers,

Fred

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Hello everyone - not been on here for ages but it'd be great to meet fellow wildfolk & share some time around the campfire any time! I'm based in Glasgow, and am itching to get back out there, regardless of the weather...

cheers,

Fred

+1, hard to find people interested in bushcraft here! i'm based in Glasgow too.

Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's why the forum was originally set up; so that Tony could get in touch with people he'd met on a course :)

It's a good way to sit and chew the fat; a good way to learn masses of info, and a good way to find other likeminded people.

I live five minutes drive from the Lanarkshire side of the city boundary, and I know at least two dozen others within maybe 20 minutes from here.

Just pull up a log, and join the virtual conversations :D

cheers,
Toddy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Must say the Scottish contingent has really grown this last year, there's heaps of us here now.

There was a few "weggies" at the Wooplaw meet the other month, but the best way is to frequent the meet-up threads and get to know folk. Not everyone is into big meets and are often looking for small gathering. Must say that though not a fan of large gatherings myself the last two Scottish meets I've attended have been excellent as the folk involved have all been really friendly and knowledgeable.

mvmbushcraft

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow
Hi All
I am new to the forum and to bushcraft - and come from Greece - but living and working in Scotland for a good 6 years now
I am based in Glasgow - and would love to come along -

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi MVM,
This particular thread is from 2013 and a little out of date. I'm on my phone so can't link you too it just now but theres another Scottish meet very soon. If you type in "Wooplaw" into the search box up on the right it should take you to the Wooplaw Skill Share weekend that's coming up very soon.
Hopefully I'll be getting along to it too as the last one was great.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE