Schrade SCHF9

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone else on here has a Schrade SCHF9, and if you do, did it have a terribly uneven grind when you got it?

I just got one today (for my backup kit which will live in my car) and it looks like one edge of the blade is ground to about 15-18 degrees, and the other is ground to about 25 degrees.

I'm going to have to regrind the entire edge before I can even think about putting a sharp edge on it (and the factory edge is about as sharp as box of frogs, less the papercut potential)

Did I get a lemon, or is this to be expected with Schrade knives?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've had loads of Schrades over the years. Mostly either Old Timer or Uncle Henry stockman style pocketknives. They were all just fine right out of the box. I haven't bought a new one in well over 20 years though so I have no idea what the current quality is although I've read some of them are now produced in China.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
unfortunatly their QC has slipped they arn't the Schrade of old IIRC they are now MIC

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
regrind if your happy doing that,personally i would want a replacement,but i suppose with all the faffing with royal mail and P&P costs you may save yourself an ulcer and do just what you said.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE