Scaring birds?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The bere had reached the top of the netting just as the long hairs at on the ears are poking out of the stalks so I will be taking the netting down from that bed.

since I don't want to provide our feathered friends with a banquet can any one recommend ways of scaring them away?

My current plan is to hang some old CDs from strings above them.

atb

Tom

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Fake raptors on perches around what you want protected

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A raptor kite is the method of choice around here. They are remarkably effective but you need to mount them on a whippy pole.

I find me shooting at them is normally non lethal but, at best, I mutter "scared that one!"

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
stick a well stocked bird table up enjoy the birds and they reward you when the caterpillars show up i never have a problem with them cause they are the best fed birds in town :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
stick a well stocked bird table up enjoy the birds and they reward you when the caterpillars show up i never have a problem with them cause they are the best fed birds in town :)

Do you grow many cereal crops?

Many bords will strip ripening cereals - its the same as the food you have tempted them in with!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I can tell you that birds become quickly acclimatised to anything(bad breath, unzipped fly etc......) sothe cds won't work. if you have a bird of prey fly round a bit they usually dissappear, so try a really really big fake, like golden eagle size

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE