Scandanavian visit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Just had a visit from a complete stranger to our garden. I think its a Fieldfare from Scandanavia, but if we have any bird experts to correct please!

fieldfaresmall.jpg

fieldfare2small.jpg

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
We seem to have been invaded with Fieldfare's aswell, i watched two of them have right go at each other yesterday in my back garden, very territorial of their new habitat by all accounts.

Glen

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
I haven't noticed them in such abundance before now, the conditions must just be right for them. As said, very territorial didn't even like me taking the photos.

...very territorial didn't even like me taking the photos.

You haven't done bad though! They have let you take some really good shots. Nice work. I've just built 4 Tawny Owl boxes which have been put up in a couple of local woods (with permission). A couple more to do and then it's onto Barn Owl boxes which will be put up before the breeding period in early Feb. All done in conjunction with my local wildlife group. Everyone should join their's if they have an interest.

If only I could take such great shots..........hc

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
You haven't done bad though! They have let you take some really good shots. Nice work. I've just built 4 Tawny Owl boxes which have been put up in a couple of local woods (with permission). A couple more to do and then it's onto Barn Owl boxes which will be put up before the breeding period in early Feb. All done in conjunction with my local wildlife group. Everyone should join their's if they have an interest.

If only I could take such great shots..........hc

Thanks, I can't take all the credit if you have a good camera and lens, although in this case I was suprised at the quality at 300mm handheld!

Sounds like your doing a good job with the boxes, nice to see them silently soar overhead at night, like a lost soul on its way. Amazing birds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE