Savotta Sleeping Mat...

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does anyone know anything/have any thoughts about these? They're currently available from Mr Mears's Emporium and the blurb says that they are used by the Finnish military who do have to cope with cold for a proportion of the year. I was wondering what they are like and so if anyone has any experience of using them, I'd love to hear about your experiences/findings before I click the 'add to basket' button.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
After seeing one in the flesh I wouldn't swap it for my CCF Mat.
They had them at Varusteleka but can't remember the price.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Its just a foam mat with with a rubber bottom and sides. Look at the dutch issue mat if you want a top quality foam mat.

Tonyuk

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Its just a foam mat with with a rubber bottom and sides. Look at the dutch issue mat if you want a top quality foam mat.

Tonyuk

I'm gluing some of foil double bubble insulation, on the bottom of my foam mat. For when the white stuff arrives later this year :)

I got it off a kind forum member on here, for some pot cosys. There'll be enough spare, to do me mat.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire

Tonyuk

Much as I thought. I'll keep my powder dry and see if I can't sniff out a decent Dutch issue one!

Many thanks.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The Dutch mats are getting harder to find now. Great mats but quite narrow.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE