S.Wales Meet 8-10 May

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello Gents (and lasses if any are coming!)
The new site is out of the picture for this w/end!
Can we make it BNI or one of Jed's areas?
We have to get this sorted as we only have a week!

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Damn, why does it always have to be a weekend I have my kids and can't make it: :(

Sunday in GYM for me then (weather permitting!)

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Despite all my encouragement one of the little blighters won't camp out. They're keen to go to the moot and learn a thing or too, but the eldest (13yrs) is not ready yet for an overnight and I can't take one without the other as I only have them every other weekend.

Bloody irritating! Especially as they both were interested just before Christmas, and I ended up buying their own clippers, headtorches, bottles, Swedish Trangia and a few more bits an pieces.

I think they take after their mother, a townie at heart! :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nigel,

show the children this site
http://www.priorymillfarm.co.uk/campsite.htm

its a sort of half way house site, open fires in provided fire pits, on the banks of a river, trout fishing allowed (I'm told) and a ten minute walk down the river bank to Brecon town and shops and a nice pub you can buy them lunch. This way they can camp in a tent and if its not going that well you can whisk them off for a meal. I'm meeting a mate down there on the 8th/9th/10th just to chill out (he sits his final degree exam on the morning of the 8th) and he's bringing his seven year old along plus wife, I'll have my son with me and my daughter and 14 month old grandson are coming on the Saturday.

I think you went wrong buying them Swedish Army alcohol sets, if thats all I thought I had to cook on I would never go camping either;)

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Not much wrong with the trangia! (apart for the weight that is) They had a lot of fun warming up some grub in the living room on Christmas Day :)

Thanks for the link. Only a few miles up the road (OK, 40) and looks good. I've made plans for this weekend so won't be out and about. A grain of truth came out last night. The eldest doesn't fancy going if she doesn't know anyone there. She keeps on asking to go to the factory farm campsite where my sis has a caravan. So the plan is to get her to the Moot (whenever that'll be!) and build up her confidence a bit.

In the meantime I'll have to work on a couple of friends of mine for a visit to GYM.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Blaen Nedd Isaf
Go up the Neath Vally beyond GYM
Turn off the main road at Pontneddfechan and head North to waterfall country.
Turn left up a dead end road just before Ystradfellte.
If you search old South Wales meets on the site there is a map and map ref

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cracking weekend was had by all, many thanks fellas. Nigel, just tell your kids that Jed was ther (3 yrs old) Josh (7 years old) Liam (7 soon) and Lewis (11 years old). amongst other things, they made boomerangs and practiced throwing them and a little bit of archery as well as a rope swing over the (small) river and loads of exploring and tree climbing. The adults had fun too!:rolleyes: :D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It was certainly another great w/end and the first for my 7yr old son Josh.
We are both really looking forward to the next one that we can make!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE