S orry - Sorry fixed :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I've managed to replicate this by clicking the 'mark forums read' at the bottom of the main forum page. It seems to be parsing the correct forum display... ie 'do=markread' .... but for some reason the 'do=markread' seems to be set to display the whole forum home page including adverts etc... and not just the forum..... thats where I'd start trying to track it down.... though if this is happening in other places it may not be that.

If anyone knows of anyother place this is happening can they let me know and I'll see if I can replicate it..... the more infomation on where this bug is happening the better when trying to track down these pesky bugs.

Ed

Ed,

If you run a slideshow in the gallery it happens (or did do).

Any luck on the 'go to last post' issue?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Cheers Matt .... that will be number 3 on my list.... if I can sort the 'mark forum read' glitch then this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Any luck on the 'go to last post' issue?
I have a couple of ideas of what it may be..... enough to start looking into it.. I need to compare the code on the BCUK server and a clean version of vBulliten (on which it works) and see how the mods/hacks have changed it.

Ed

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Ed said:
I have a couple of ideas of what it may be..... enough to start looking into it.. I need to compare the code on the BCUK server and a clean version of vBulliten (on which it works) and see how the mods/hacks have changed it.
Which basicly means I cant do alot without looking at the code and maybe access to the code on the server to test a few things out.

spamel said:
Can you not be upped just to gain access to the site code and be more of a coding geek than an actual punisher of naughty people?
Access to the site code is a problem .... not even the forum mods and admin have that access.... you need to be given server admin access (which is seperate from the forum stuff) which would give me access to everything.... including personal details, passwords (though they are encrypted) and other sensitive infomation..... not something Tony should be really giving people access to.

Ed

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Alot of issues are still there, and as i dont have access to the code proper I cannot implement the fixes for the bugs i have worked through. I'm plodding along sorting user issues out and getting the forum and front site software working together and I think I've fixed a few admin issues that were a pain. Its a slow process as I only get the odd hour to log on and have a poke.... this place really needs a full time coder working on it...... so until then, you have me, just trying to help out where i can.

Its not really a promotion, I used to admin here many moons ago after adi and kath left, so I'm realy just back again, but this time I dont have anything to do with moderating or running the site.... I'm strictly here to sort out code and to help users that have problems with their accounts.....

.... now if only i could find the time to actually read more of the forum and get involved with the discussions :D

Thanks for the congrats :)
Ed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Oh, just came across a wierd one. I posted, saw I had made a mistake so went in aqnd edited it. Once I saved, it put me back to the thread. Nothing wrong there. I hit HOME to go to the top and hit New Posts and the bar with User CP, New Posts, etc was missing! I refreshed the page with my browser and it came back.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I've managed to replicate this by clicking the 'mark forums read' at the bottom of the main forum page. It seems to be parsing the correct forum display... ie 'do=markread' .... but for some reason the 'do=markread' seems to be set to display the whole forum home page including adverts etc... and not just the forum..... thats where I'd start trying to track it down.... though if this is happening in other places it may not be that.

If anyone knows of anyother place this is happening can they let me know and I'll see if I can replicate it..... the more infomation on where this bug is happening the better when trying to track down these pesky bugs.

Ed

Hi Ed
Found it elsewhere. If you open a forum, looking at the Threads in forum page, click on a username below the thread title, bang: page within a page!

HTH

Andrew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE