Rubberwood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Yesterday morning I was at a local market and found a chopping board made of rubberwood for just £5 I brought it to use as a lap table top for things like sharpening my knives with the lanskey system. It measures 17"x14"x5/8" its an attractive straight grained wood in a light cream colour. I was thinking how suitable it might be for knife handles and from what i've read about it on google its looks to be very favourable taking both glue and stains very well. I'd guess with carefull sawing you could get at least ten pairs of handle scales from this one board not bad for just £5
Dave

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I know the stuff you mean I saw a round chopping board for a tenner in Boots a while back its been made out of blocks like a butchers block and is very durable

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
The one i've got wasn't made from blocks this looks to have been made from three planks that were edge joined thats why I thought it suitable for making knife scales for full tang knives
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE