Royal Wedding Dodging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
So, what bushcrafty plans do you have to avoid the boring wretchedness that will be the royal wedding?
Personally, I intend on walking a stretch of the Pilgrims Way - should take a couple of days.
Mind you, I don't buy any of the newspapers or magazines that feature the wedding, or watch any of the programmes or TV channels that feature it, so I've done very well at avoiding it so far. But our village is having a street party and I just want to be absent from the whole affair and have nothing to do with it.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
are you not coming to the Mayday meet then Durulz? perfect for avoiding the wedding nonsense!

So, what bushcrafty plans do you have to avoid the boring wretchedness that will be the royal wedding?
Personally, I intend on walking a stretch of the Pilgrims Way - should take a couple of days.
Mind you, I don't buy any of the newspapers or magazines that feature the wedding, or watch any of the programmes or TV channels that feature it, so I've done very well at avoiding it so far. But our village is having a street party and I just want to be absent from the whole affair and have nothing to do with it.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Might be working yet. Not an official bank holiday so not legally enforcable so our bosses say. If we're busy its not holiday if not it is. Won't know till the week it happens. Not good. Anyway on a lighter note I've booked a one day illness then so will need to head to the hills on that day. Afterall the doctor told me backpacking in the Lakeland fells will make me feel better so I can go back after that weekend. Honest! I was ill that day. :D

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
actually planning on some sort of overnighter for this night, will be the first time i can get out this year in fact.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I booked a hotel in London as soon as the date of the wedding was announced :) Looking forward to a fab day then perhaps a show and a late supper in the evening.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Durulz...

it is that weekend yes, lots of people are arriving on the friday and events all day sat, sun and mon.

Yup I will be there on Sunday.

OK. I'll see you this Sunday then.
I'll try and make it along for the Sunday of the May Day meet then - speak to you this weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE