RoughStuff Haudegen All-weather Loden Anorak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Full technical review of the RoughStuff Haudegen Loden All-Weather Anorak.

Includes examples of use.

Bet you can't guess what I used it for in the last part of this video.... Neeeverrrrr.

[video=youtube_share;B_y61rzBTQM]http://youtu.be/B_y61rzBTQM[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Many years ago I lived for a couple of years or so in Austria, and was lucky enough to hang with a good few true mountain men who taught me the benefits of Loden. There's nothing quite like it, eh?

I'll have to see how the pennies work out, but I'd love to have an anorak like this. Thanks for the review.

Many years ago I lived for a couple of years or so in Austria, and was lucky enough to hang with a good few true mountain men who taught me the benefits of Loden. There's nothing quite like it, eh?

I'll have to see how the pennies work out, but I'd love to have an anorak like this. Thanks for the review.

I live right on the border between Germany and Austria. And Yep... that stuff just rocks...

People freak about the price but when you have bought that Goretex Shell for 200 quid and some kind of puffy for another hundred and some....

and of course this stuff is just so much more breathable and does not stick to your skin in a searing blob of napalm if a spark lands on it...

:)

Love it.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks for a really useful review. I really like the look of the anorak but my non-existent German does not allow me to work out what size to order and how best to get hold of one. Can you help, please?

Thanks in advance!
Richard

Many thanks for a really useful review. I really like the look of the anorak but my non-existent German does not allow me to work out what size to order and how best to get hold of one. Can you help, please?

Thanks in advance!
Richard

Hey,

Yeah they don't seem to have a sizing chart. What size do you take? I will ask them.

Easiest is to order directly from the site but of course that is all in German.
Try this:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/http://www.raffstaff.de/maenner-1/anoraks/lodenanorak-gruen

I just love it. Wear it pretty much all the time.

:)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks for that. I actually emailed them and have had a very useful and incredibly helpful correspondence with them. I placed my order for a Large, Green anorak yesterday. The guys at Rough Stuff were brilliant and said they'd be more than happy to change it, if the size was wrong.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive! Many thanks for your review and recommendation.

Hey,

Yeah they don't seem to have a sizing chart. What size do you take? I will ask them.

Easiest is to order directly from the site but of course that is all in German.
Try this:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/http://www.raffstaff.de/maenner-1/anoraks/lodenanorak-gruen

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Pics and thoughts when you get it please richard :D

I'd love to know how these compare to our very own bush shirt makers

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
With pleasure. I am expecting it to be a different beast to the Bison Bushcraft shirts - a bit more of an outer layer. In cold whether, I anticipate using the anorak with maybe an Bison shirt or Ulfrotte/Woolpower layer underneath.

I'll let you know more when it arrives.

Pics and thoughts when you get it please richard :D

I'd love to know how these compare to our very own bush shirt makers

Many thanks for that. I actually emailed them and have had a very useful and incredibly helpful correspondence with them. I placed my order for a Large, Green anorak yesterday. The guys at Rough Stuff were brilliant and said they'd be more than happy to change it, if the size was wrong.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive! Many thanks for your review and recommendation.

I am just thrilled. The guys are RoughStuff are really awesome. Just down-to-earth chaps making great gear. :)

With pleasure. I am expecting it to be a different beast to the Bison Bushcraft shirts - a bit more of an outer layer. In cold whether, I anticipate using the anorak with maybe an Bison shirt or Ulfrotte/Woolpower layer underneath.

I'll let you know more when it arrives.

I certainly use it with Woolpower or some other merino underneath. Sometimes a button-shirt too. So interested to see what you make of it.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Well - I am utterly, utterly impressed, even at this very early stage. I ordered my Haudegen anorak on Monday and it arrive from Germany on yesterday (Thursday). The folk at Rough Stuff could not have been more helpful, despite my inabilities with German!

The anorak is beautifully made. The stitching is exemplary and the fabric is amazing - not particularly thick but with a wonderful dense feel to it that is still supple and comfortable. I had a brief opportunity to wear it out and about yesterday in the woods, teaching some pupils about the various species of tree and plant in the locality. It was warm in the sun and noticeably cooler in the woods; there was a bit of a breeze later on as well. The Haudegen was very, very comfortable: I was never too hot, even when moving around, scrambling uphill and down in the woods. In terms of fit, I ordered the Large size, being 6'1" and having a 42"-44" chest, and it fits well. There is room underneath for another layer or two or my warm Norwegian jumper and still room to move and breathe. The great thing is that the cut is very good and not so enormous as to make me feel swamped by rolls of fabric that only get in the way. It is a good length, too: to the top half of my thighs, covering my bum but not restricting the movement of my legs. The sleeves are a good length for me as well. I have arms the length of a gibbon's so sleeve length can be an issue but on this anorak, it is perfect.

So, thus far, I am absolutely delighted. I only hope that we get some 'proper weather' in the coming months so that I can give it a proper assessment but, at this stage, I might go so far as to say that this, for me, is quite possible the perfect bushcraft top. I'll post more once I've got to know it better.

I have no association with the company at all; I am merely a deeply satisfied and very impressed customer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE