River Tracking day out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Just to get an idea of numbers can anyone who definitely wants to come add their name to the following list (or remove it if you've changed your mind!)

I'm looking forward to it, haven't been wading for ages :red:

Rhoda
Angie
Rob
Steve
JonnyP
ANDYRAF

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Yes, sorry I haven't been in touch...having a bit of a hard week after my granny died. Definitely still on, will pm the location now.
Bikething I'm sure we will do it again - see you next time, enjoy the party!

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Sorry to hear of your loss Rhoda, my thoughts are with you.

ref the tracking day, what is the rough timetable regarding start / lunch / finish times?
I'm only an hour up the road so I may be able to make it for at least part of the day..

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Thanks, she made it to 94 but somehow it was still a shock!

We are just going to head down of the path through the woods into the river and walk along the river (mostly wading down the river itself). We will clamber out for lunch at some point, maybe explore the banks a little and if we find a good trail we may wander off into the woods as well. Then we will turn around and wade back the way we came to find all the things we missed on the way there!
I thought it might be nice to finish the day with a drink at the pub in the village.
No set schedule as such, it is very difficult to predict what we will find, we might not get very far if there are loads of tracks to study! I will PM you the location and my mobile number so if you decide to come along you can call to find out where we are.

We are meeting at 11am in the car park, lunch at 1ish and finish by 4pm (then you will find us at the pub!!) :D

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
should be able to get hold of some extra waders if anyone needs them (no promises). can you let me know if you need any and what size you are by friday at latest. see you all saturday.:)

Feb 2, 2008
Nottingham
Hello Rhoda and Angie
I'm Rob by the way my posting name comes the gaelic Mac Aoid which is anglised as Mckay and translates to son of fire.
Rhoda I'm sorry to here that you lost your gran recently.
Could I have better directions to where your all meeting for the river tracking or are you meeting at the address you sent me?
I was going to go wading in my swimming shorts and sandles but seeing though bear knights (Angie?) has some spare waders, it might save you all from my hairy legs.
I'm not sure what measurements you need, but my leg height is 30 inch and the girth of my upper thigh is 23 inch but I'll bring my shorts along as well.
Thanks

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
Hi Rhoda,
Looks like I'll be home this weekend, so I'd like to come too, please - provided you've no objection to chest waders (last otter trip didn't like 'em and regard them as death traps, but I been using them for 25 years and haven't drowned once!).

Feb 2, 2008
Nottingham
Foot size is 9 or 10 does the job. Can't belive I missed out something as obvous as foot size. So do I meet you on Tredour rd I haven't been given any other address?

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Well I have just returned from Rhoda's little bimble and would like to thank her and Angie for a most enlightening foray into the undergrowth and waterways. It was a revelation for me as Otter scats were in abundance, by the way I still can't get rid of the smell it does seem to linger in ones olfactory system for quite a while, where I thought they were in the decline I now know this to be false and they are actually on the increase.
It was also magical to meet some of the names from BcUK, great to see you guys the pleasure was all mine, hopefully we can do it again soon.
You can probably guess what it was I forgot to take with me, yes it was the camera.

Rhoda and Angie :You_Rock_

Andy

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'll second what Andy said - Rhoda and Angie :You_Rock_

Had a great time in a lovely location - even the weather was kind :)

It was good to put some faces to names - great to meet you all!

I'll get some pictures up later - unfortunately they're mostly of peoples backs :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE