RIP David Bellamy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've just read this on my news feed and was about to post it and there it is already done. Such a nice bloke. Sad loss.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I am a bit unhappy about his passing, even though he had a good innings and had a nice job, somehow outdoor enthusiasm seem to have made a terrible loss. Hope someone comes along to take his place.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Yes, some of his politics were a bit fruity.
He once tried to stand as an MP for the Referendum Party.

Let's look aside these inconvenient things and remember him as the warm and friendly figure we remember from our childhood.
He truly had a love of wildlife, biology, botany, and a whole host of things and his wonderful enthusiasm rubbed off on many of us.
And I'm grateful for that.

I learnt recently that as a child he wanted to be a ballet dancer! It was only as he grew and he realised he didn't have the physique for it that his mind turned elsewhere.

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
He was a great supporter of the Moorland Gamekeepers Association and always championed the benefit of habitat management by gamekeepers. Local to where I live he also helped in securing the future of an ancient woodland. Great bloke and a proper countryman.
RIP David

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Apparantly my former best friend at school went on to work with him on some UN project or other. I am prepared to forgive him for the climate change thing because he was generally on the side of the anglels so far as the environent is concerned, besides that he wrote in his autobiography that he had Asperger's syndrome, you know, like Greta Thunberg and yours truly.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Only took a couple of graphs to convince David Attenborough...
1172px-Vostok_420ky_4curves_insolation.jpg

From right wing liar bad person

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE