REVIEW: Highlander Nomad Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordie_ben

May 21, 2013
Newcastle, UK
After being seduced into hammocking I went for the Highlander Nomad Hammock

www.buysend.com/product/31866/highl...een-tarpoulin-ultra-fine-mosquito-net-travel/

Mine is actually a darker green than the one in the picture, I prefer my green to the one in the link.

The hammock and tarp come in a light stuff sack which is sewn onto the hammock, which turns into a handy little pocket once the hammock is up

The hammock is very light, and smaller once packed than others (comparing to my mates Hennessy Hammock)

The hammock is super easy to put up, tho I think the midgie net part needs some tweaking. I ended up putting stick horizontally through the loops to keep it separated and then passed a line under the sticks.

The only other tweak I'm going to make is adding guy lines to the side of the hammock for two reasons. 1, to pull it out slightly to give you more space. The Hennessy has these already and makes a big difference. And 2, to calm the rocking motion

The hammock was super comfy and I got a good nights sleep

So in conclusion the price is good, the quality is good and only minor tweaks needed

9/10 for me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE