Rescued Fallow Fawn...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Soppy but, awwwwwwwww.

Great thing you and the family is doing. I know nature is a tough place, but I like that as a species (in the most part) we give our all to make life a great place to all.

Top fella

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
That's great to hear its really good that she is grazing that's a real positive and like I said you will learn a lot just by watching ,like the roots
Real happy for you and family as it takes a strong character to have the staying power

Top man

Look forward to hearing how it gets on

( oh and look forward to the BBQ ) he he

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Aww im another sucker for cute animals after rescueing ferret and a rabbit (who lives indoors) im following this with big interest :D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Deer Update! Right, although we are not quite out of the woods yet, as 5 days of captivity will tell us more, she has settled well, taking more like 175ml of milk at feeds and is enjoying, lots of hand picked wild flowers and grass, she also seems to be enjoying the Wimbledon coverage! It was just on the radio, i have asked her to tip me the winner!

Jason's son Jake has named her " Buttercup " She is brilliant around humans,dogs, chickens etc, although it seems quite clear that Jason is her dad, quite funny earlier she was following him around the garden, got brave and fell in his pond, don't worry it is only 8 inches deep, she even seemed to laugh about it afterwards!

She is pooing, perfectly formed pellets, although very green in colour and quite offensive to the nose, mind you a babies poo stinks when the diet is mainly milk, i remember!

Thanks for the interest.

Ivan...

Deer Upate 1 004.jpg Deer Upate 1 005.jpg Deer Upate 1 006.jpg

Deer Upate 1 007.jpg Deer Upate 1 012.jpg Deer Upate 1 013.jpg

Deer Upate 1 016.jpg

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
he wont admit to it but the grey hair old stoat is a real softy.. you gotta love him

well done though mate theres a silver cloud with your name on it..

all the best

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Thats such a fantastic thing to do. Am following this thread closely now haha! Good on you for rescuing it and rearing, sounds like a really interesting thing to do!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Heartwarming, I say, and that in a time when it seems that not much is..................Good on you all!

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Hi Ivan

Been at a meet all weekend and several discussions about your new addition just wondering how she is doing

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi People! Just got back from a meet myself, and am in floaty, shattered land, thanks for all the kind comments and interest, Buttercup, is doing just fine and dandy, and growing! Noticeably, she has decided that Jason is definately dad, and follows him everywhere, when he walks past the shed, she calls to him, and won't go near his wife or son, when outside.

Will try and get some updated photos, later this week, when i have fully recovered!

Thankyou.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello People, been a while i know, but Jason has been snowed under, anyway the good news is that he has purchased a field, and been working his socks off building pens and sorting out a piece of ground that has been unloved for many a year.

Yesterday was the big re home Buttercup day, and she absolutely loves her new home, Jason has bought a goat to keep her company and half a dozen jacob sheep (not arrived yet) its like a proper old small holding up there, lucky beggar!

Anyway you know me by now! Went up to have a nose, and of course suggested camping (just crossed my mind)

So not only a happy outcome to the Buttercup, ongoing story, i got myself a new permission! Everyones a winner.

Will post the pics in a wee while, when i have dried off and retrieve the camera from the tumble drier!

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well as promised, here they are, she is doing really well and as you can see already made herself right at home, built a bed right in the brambles, bosses the goat around too, a proper little madam and take a banana with you and you have a friend for life!

A magical couple of hours.

Well done Jason, you should be proud of yourself.

Oh and thanks for the permission.You are my favourite brother inlaw.

Ivan...

Buttercup 2013 014.jpg Buttercup 2013 001.jpg Buttercup 2013 002.jpg

Buttercup 2013 003.jpg Buttercup 2013 004.jpg Buttercup 2013 005.jpg

Buttercup 2013 006.jpg Buttercup 2013 007.jpg Buttercup 2013 008.jpg

Buttercup 2013 009.jpg Buttercup 2013 010.jpg Buttercup 2013 011.jpg

Buttercup 2013 012.jpg Buttercup 2013 013.jpg

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Wow thats one lucky lady ivan I can remember your post when he first found her but forgot all about it glad youve updated us on how well shes doing hats of to your brother in law :D

And congratulations on the new permission

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
I had also forgotten all about this thread, thats fantastic she looks right at home in there, keep up updated! :)

And nice one on another new permission, lucky bugger! ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Great news Ivan, Buttercups lucky to have you all, (what's the Goats name? I like goats they're like JRT's full of personality). Looks a great spot, you'll have fun there. Never heard of deer liking bananas, does she like it peeled?

Keep us updated on this, warms the cockles it does.

Cheers,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE