Request: umbellifer master class at Bushmoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

descry0

Nov 14, 2008
Northumberland
Hello all

One plant family I have always edged around is the Umbellifers (other than using hogweed seeds as spice) and thought it would be great to study the family in further depth. This could be ideal in the wonderful environment of the bushmoot with professional and safe guidance.

I understand if this could not be an open session but would love the opportunity to look into this family further. Would anyone be up for a skill or barter exchange?

Thanks

Jo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
That's an excellent idea. My background is botany but I'm still very wary of the umbellifers and definitely not confident enough to teach a class. I have some contacts in the biology department at Bristol University though and I'll see if anyone there has studied the family.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it's an excellent idea. Even if we don't actually lemon some poor sod to be our expert, even just a good discussion, a clarifying the details type of thing, would be very useful. Especially if folks can manage samples along with them.

After yesterday's discussion I now have five pages of notes, all just trying to clear things up in my own mind, but it's still not the same as actually seeing the plant right in front of me.
I know there would be issues gathering and transporting, and safe handling :yikes: of the poisonous ones, but even clarity among the safer ones would help. If we recognise those, then we know the others aren't of the good, iimmc.

cheers,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE