Reply to thread probs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This is not a really big deal but it is a bit irritating ...

The "issue" ... often when I hit "reply to thread" my reply gests nested in under some other place where it doesn't fit. I've tried hitting the button at the top of the post and at the bottom - neither are consistent. Sometimes my reply does go in at the end of the thread, where it makes sense, others it gets itself nested in someone else's sub-thread where it usually doesn't make sense! And I also lose it if i want to go back to it! I've also tried hitting the original post before clicking "reply to thread" - sometimes that works but quite often it doesn't ... sigh!

I've run out of guesses as to how to make the damn thing do what I want - any suggestions? And any ideas why it's inconsistent? With my ancient computer hat on I suspect the programme needs tweaking, which is a bore as thiese niggly little jobs can take ages to find the cause and put right.

Anyway, should anyone have a spare half-day or so it would be nice if this could be fixed, IMT I'll continue to ranodmly post according to the computer's whim-of-the-day :D :rolleyes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
When I press the reply to thread at the top of the thread above the original post it takes me all the way to the very end of all the posts.

If I press the reply button within a particular thread it opens a box up below that particular post, same as if I were to hit 'reply with quote'

Multi quotes are more fun... you hit that button which is "+ on the very right hand corner of each thread and you get a tick to show it's been selected and you keep hitting every post like that until you've got all the ones you want to quote then hit 'reply with quote' and all the posts you highlighted appear in one box below the last post you selected.

But end of the day any post you make will always go to the very end of the line as the latest post to be made whether or not you've selected the 'reply to thread' button or the 'reply' button in an actual post.

If you want your post to be linked to a particular post then it's best to hit the 'reply with quote' button so people know you're referring to that post with your reply

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Have you checked your setting?

hit the settings box in the top right corner

select forum actions box, select general settings from the drop down and check [h=3]Thread Display Options[/h]I use Linear oldest first but there are other options

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well ... Mesquite, it certainly don't do that for me. It takes me to the reply box but I can't tell where it is in the line of posts. I've got the hang of replying to a particular post.

Corso, I've used all the variations of thread display options, I prefer the hybrid mode for reading.

My posts still seem to hang off odds and sods, and sometimes in the right place. It doesn't really matter, just a niggle ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE