Repair patches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Anyone know where I could get some squares of of polycotton or similar material in green/forest friendly colours for patching up worn or torn outdoor clothing? Have the stick on stuff for sleeping bags and down jackets, have a few bits of MVP and appropriate glue but I can't find any plain, old fashioned cloth patches that you could stitch on.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
What about looking for something of a suitable colour in a charity shop, or in your local surplus shop, that you can cut up for making repairs?
That should be cheap enough and give you enough material for plenty of repair patches.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
You seldom see anything cut-up-able in charity shops these days, not fit to wear goes to those rag collection places. I'm loathe to cut up something that people could be wearing.

It's a point though, should I come upon anything that's been totally wrecked.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
That's a laudable and fair response.
I'd suggest a boot fair or something like that, but not sure if they're still going.
Sometimes, in a darkest corners of a surplus store, you can find something that is only good for being a rag. Or phone up somewhere like Endicotts and ask if they have any items in a truly sorry state that are only fit for being used for repairs? They may even be relieved to get rid of them.
Or maybe sacrifice the most tattered item you have to become a donor for other less-tatty items?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE