Reindeer Girls; Heads up

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, was good.

The only thing that would've liked to seen closer was the ear marking.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Living truly within nature, literally dependant on themselves, their calender dictated by the reindeer and only touching on the modern world seems like looking at an opposite of my life.

I'm glad someone is living right :D :p

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yeah, was good.

The only thing that would've liked to seen closer was the ear marking.

Did you not see the fella with more reindeer ears in his mouth than teeth? Only joking, i saw the 'internet' bit where they were looking at all the different ear markings and there were a staggering amount. What a top programme, really enjoyed it. The bison prog after it was good as well, looking forward to next weeks programme about re-populating Scotlands ancient wildlife, it'll make a change from senslessly eradicating badgers in Wales!

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
was a great programme! really enjoying these shows, a refreshing break from the usual midweek rubbish on tv.

did wonder if the sami used ferries in the olden days though!:D

Dan

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Thanks for that really interesting
What a beautiful country was my main thought
You can watch it for a week on the BBC i player
which may also be useful for those of you who didn't catch the whole programme

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Did you not see the fella with more reindeer ears in his mouth than teeth? Only joking, i saw the 'internet' bit where they were looking at all the different ear markings and there were a staggering amount. What a top programme, really enjoyed it. The bison prog after it was good as well, looking forward to next weeks programme about re-populating Scotlands ancient wildlife, it'll make a change from senslessly eradicating badgers in Wales!

Thats what I wanted to see, him cutting the various marks into the ear.

All the ones they shown it just look like cutting a bit out.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
was a great programme! really enjoying these shows, a refreshing break from the usual midweek rubbish on tv.

did wonder if the sami used ferries in the olden days though!:D

Dan

Probably got them to swim across I bet, thought the ferry was just to help prevent any losses of mother & unborn calf.

Nice aluminum poled canvas lavuu too.

I do wonder why our sheep farming didn't take a similar route. Not as valuable?

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Great tv... one of the interesting bits was the girls going to Sami school and being taught about their cultural heritage. I also like they way they embrace modern technology when the time is right.
jon

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
A great program, I was hooked from start to finish. Not sure I could life that life myself, but it would be great to try it for a week or so. Good work from the Beeb.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE