Recycling - Beer cans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
One of those things that floats around the internet, the figures are probably all wrong, but I found it amusing.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today!

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for the recycling refund, you would have received $214.00 .

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink
heavily & recycle.

:)

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
:lmao:I always knew that to be the case! :lmao:
The only problem is that we dont get refunds on cans here in the uk :(
Glass bottles of IRn Bru on the other hand, a sound investment. Their value has even increased from 20 to 30p!

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
:lmao:I always knew that to be the case! :lmao:
The only problem is that we dont get refunds on cans here in the uk :(
Glass bottles of IRn Bru on the other hand, a sound investment. Their value has even increased from 20 to 30p!

I thought they had to pay you to drink Irn Bru :eek:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah, they'll buy scrap ali but it really isn't much of a return.

In all honesty my real investments have still made money, including the ones in airlines and insurance compnies/finacial brokers. Sure there was a loss due to the collapse in 2008 (about 33%) but they've all rebounded very well since then. Very likely due to the fact that my mutual funds company requires its funds managers to invest the bulk of their own funds into the funds they manage. I cain't think of a better incentive.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My mate filled a wheelie bin full of beer cans and they were all crushed so there were alot, he only got a few quid :(

A single can will earn you 0.00854738 pence in this part of the world, which means one hundred empty cans will buy you a can of cheap beer or a kilogram loaf of cheap white bread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE