Recommendations - knife rescale and sheath

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi All,

I have an old Bark River which have been using for years, for everything from skinning to whittling. I love the shape of the blade, and prefer it out of all my edged tools. When i recived this from a friend, he advised that due to his grave-digger sized hands he had someone "extend" the handle by about 1/2-3/4". I dont particularly dislike this but as time has gone on and the old sheath has become a bit worse for wear, i thought now is the time to look to rescale it (in antler ideally) and get it a new sheath, ideally with a ferro rod holder (ferro rod in antler would be a bonus too!).

Can the collective hive mind recommend anyone who could do this? I would have a go myself, but would much rather this was done right!

Many Thanks in advance

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Stewart Light Knives if he's still about. He rehandled my SWC Woodlore in yew 18 years ago, and it's still going strong.

Edit: a quick Google shows he's still active on Facebook. No affiliation, just a happy customer!
Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stew

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I'm unsure if @robevs73 still does handling jobs on knives made by others but if he does, I find his handles probably the most comfortable of any UK maker I've used (as a caveat, there are a lot of makers whose work I have not ever used, but I know Rob's work is very well respected). Plus great sheath work too.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Stewart Light Knives if he's still about. He rehandled my SWC Woodlore in yew 18 years ago, and it's still going strong.

Edit: a quick Google shows he's still active on Facebook. No affiliation, just a happy customer!
Was that a rehandle in some burr yew or plain? I’m going to have to go digging through old pics!

I’ve been somewhat quiet on the making front for a while due to a house move but I’m getting back into things so feel free to drop me a note to discuss. I like to work with people to achieve their end goal with lots of weird rehandles and refurbs over the years so go for it. I’m half wondering if I did the extension rehandle but the only one that rings a bell wasn’t a BRKT.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Was that a rehandle in some burr yew or plain? I’m going to have to go digging through old pics!

I’ve been somewhat quiet on the making front for a while due to a house move but I’m getting back into things so feel free to drop me a note to discuss. I like to work with people to achieve their end goal with lots of weird rehandles and refurbs over the years so go for it. I’m half wondering if I did the extension rehandle but the only one that rings a bell wasn’t a BRKT.
I'll pm you some pictures! Glad to see you're still active mate!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE