Recommendations for a first Hammock/Tarp rig please

Aug 19, 2016
Somerset
Id like to try a hammock, based on several recommendations, and I'm looking for recommendations for a budget set of kit as a staring point.
Ideally, it would also function as a bivvi.
I'm a 3 season camper, no need for extreme cold protection.
I like the idea of a Mozzi net, but I'm prepared to add that afterwards to keep the cost down.
What would you recommend?

Sandy Mc

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
DD hammocks is the one most folk go to for hammocks and tarps but Tenth Wonder do some good kit and are very reasonably priced and well worth looking at

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
TW ultralight = very cheap, I've had one for a few years now, so happy I bought a couple more so I have one in the garden one in a day bag and one in the spare box room :)

With tarps I started with blue builders, cheap durable enough etc. Then made my own. Then bought a TW saragasso.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
To test it out, and see if you actually like it, i'd actually suggest to go for a relatively cheap one. No need to spend a lot if you don't even know if it's something which suits you. Maybe one of the ticket to the moon hammocks or something like that. Or if you know someone who has one, first try it out if you can. If you decide you like it, and you need something better, you can always upgrade if needed, and if you decide it's not something for you, you haven't lost too much.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I can't recommend any that actually work as a bivvy too... Not well anyway.

The DD one's are comfy as a hammock though, in my experience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE