Recommend me a Sausage Mincing Machine?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hi all,

Recently decided to make my own sausages, so got all the bit's n bobs online, and the hand mincer was a "Kitchen Craft Cast Iron Mincer- size 5". Unfortunately I'm none to taken with it as the screw core rubs away on the Blade, causing metal fillings to come out with the minced meat! So am looking for a decent replacement for it, probably with a much bigger 'hopper' too as size 5 is a bit too small.

Electric may be an option too, as I do like my kitchen gadgets.. :D

Thoughts?

Nag.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Eh :confused:
Sommat odd there Nagual :( I have hand mincers that are at least forty years old and they're still sound and really good tools.
Can you not send it back for a refund if it's that bad ?

One of my hunting neighbours bought an electric mincer, he makes brilliant venison Lorne sausage :), and he swears by it, but the first one he bought was seriously underpowered.
I could ask ? Bound to be others on here though who know about the electric stuff.

atb,
M

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Aye Mary, am in the process of returning it. Was quite disappointed when I saw the metal in the meat. Did a quick check on the ol' interweb and found several similar problems with that make. So that's what's led me to ask the venerable collection of wise folks here...

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Cheers Red, heard of them elsewhere but forgot to look. Although it may be me, but there seems to be only a manual mincer there, the others are stuffers?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE